Metamask is one of the most popular wallets out there supporting many blockchains like ethereum and binance chain. However, it does not support the Vechain blockchain.
This means that if you sent your VET using the Vechain blockchain to your Metamask wallet, your coins won’t show up. By importing your Metamask wallet into the official Vechain wallet, you will gain access to your funds again!
- Open Metamask and select the account you sent your Vechain coins to.
- Once you have selected the right account, click on the 3 dots and select Account details.
- Click on export private key and enter your Metamask password to get access to your private key.
- We will now import this private key into the official Vechain wallet to regain access to your coins!
- Download Sync and install, the official Vechain desktop wallet
- On your computer, open Sync
- At the top right, click on the wallets icon
- At the top right, click Import
- Select the private key method and paste your private key
- Click next and name your wallet.
- Once done you imported your wallet and have access to your coins again with Sync.
Please note that to make a transaction on the Vechain network, you need VTHO in your wallet to pay for the transaction. If needed you can buy VTHO on most exchanges.